Heidi gave me this recipe several years ago and it is one that I continue to make many times throughout the year for a treat for breakfast. The recipe says to make it in individual cups, but I often double the recipe and cook it in an 8x8 pan, as seen below. I've also made it with a variety of different fruit, such as mixed berries, blueberries, etc. and it has always turned out well. I like to serve it drizzled with a bit of maple syrup, as recommended in the recipe.
1 C ricotta cheese
1/3 confectioners sugar
2 tbsp. cornstarch
1 tsp. lemon extract
1 C fresh sliced strawberries
1. Beat the eggs until foamy.
2. Stir in the ricotta cheese, confectioners sugar, cornstarch and lemon extract, and blend well.
3. Stir in the strawberries, taking care not to crush them.
4. Fill each (3/4 C) glass baking cup (sprayed with cooking spray) about 2/3 full.
5. Bake in 400 degrees Farenheit oven approximately 20 minutes or until tops are lightly browned. Serve with extra strawberries or maple syrup.