Here is another recipe I had made prior to leaving for France, but am only getting around to blogging just now.
I didn't bother making the streusel, but have included this part of the recipe for those who may want it.
1/3 C oats (quick or old-fashioned, uncooked)
1/4 C flour
1/4 C firmly packed brown sugar
3 tbsp. margarine or butter, chilled and cut into pieces
1 1/2 C flour
1 C oats (quick or old-fashioned, uncooked)
1/2 C sugar
1 tbsp. baking powder
1 C low-fat milk
1/4 C vegetable oil
1 egg, lightly beated
1 tsp. vanilla
1/2 C to 1 C chocolate chips
1. Heat oven to 400 degrees Farenheit.
2. For streusel, combine oats, flour and brown sugar in small bowl; mix well. Cut in margarine until crumbly. Set aside.
3. For muffins, combine flour, oats, sugar and baking powder in large bowl; mix well. In small bowl, combine milk, oil, egg and vanilla. Blend well. Add to dry ingredients all at once; stir just until moistened.
4. Fill muffin cups almost full. Sprinkle with reserved streusel, patting gently.
5. Bake 18 to 20 minutes or until golden brown.
Makes 1 dozen.