Sunday, March 7, 2010

Chocolate Banana Bread

This is a decadent twist on a regular banana bread. I made the mistake of giving some to a client when I made this a few weeks ago, because I was starving and wanted some myself. Now he asks for some every time he comes. But it's not something that I keep on-stock regularly, so he's disappointed every week now.

1/2 C margarine, softened
1/2 C white sugar (original recipe calls for 1 C)
2 eggs
3 bananas, mashed
1 tsp. vanilla
1 1/2 C flour (I used 1 C whole-wheat flour and 1/2 C kamut flour)
1 tsp. baking soda
1/8 C cocoa powder
1/2 C fat-free sour cream (I used plain yogurt b/c I had no sour cream)
1/2 C chocolate chips

1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Farenheit. Lightly grease a loaf pan.

2. In a large bowl, cream together margarine, sugar and eggs. Stir in bananas and vanilla. Sift in flour, baking soda and cocoa; mix well. Blend in sour cream and chocolate chips. Pour batter into prepared pan.

3. Bake for 60 minutes.

Serves 12

No comments: