I made these quite awhile back and am only getting around to posting them now. Mine didn't work out super well, as I put in extra blueberries and they fell apart, since there wasn't enough muffin to hold everything together with all those blueberries. So I don't recommend putting in more than the recommended cup....
1 C rolled oats
1 C buttermilk or sour milk
1 C flour (I used whole-wheat)
1 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
3/4 C lightly packed brown sugar (I used 1/2 C brown sugar Splenda)
1 egg, beaten
1/4 C melted butter
1 C blueberries (or 1/2 C chocolate chips)
1. Combine oats and buttermilk in small bowl. Let stand.
2. Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and brown sugar in mixing bowl.
3. Add egg and melted butter to oat mixture. Mix well.
4. Add oat mixture all at once to dry ingredients. Stir just until moistened.
5. Gently fold in blueberries. Fill greased muffin cups 3/4 full.
6. Bake at 400 degrees Farenheit for 15 - 22 minutes, or until top springs back when lightly touched.
Makes 12 muffins.