Monday, June 7, 2010

Warm Rhubarb Pudding

I chose to make this recipe to use up the remainder of the rhubarb that I had bought last week. Though the rhubarb cake was good, I think that I preferred this to the cake.

1/2 C sugar
1 tbsp. soft butter
3 tbsp. flour
1 tsp. orange zest (I omitted this b/c I had no oranges)
1/4 C orange juice
3/4 C milk
1 tsp. vanilla
2 eggs, separated, whites whipped until stiff
1 1/2 C diced rhubarb




1. In medium bowl, cream together sugar and butter. Add flour; mix well. Stir in orange zest and juice, milk, vanilla and egg yolks; beat with electric mixer until smooth.

2. Fold in whipped egg whites (note: to successfully whip egg whites, be sure they are at room temperature and add a pinch of salt). When no lumps remain, gently fold in rhubarb.

3. Pour mixture into greased 8-inch baking pan. Bake in preheated 350 degree Farenheit oven for 35 minutes until puffed and light brown.

Serve warm. Serves 4-6.


No comments: