This is another of the salads that I made while my family was down this past weekend. It's quick and easy to make and I much prefer it to a traditional potato salad (which I have to admit, I don't really like). I wouldn't add any salt at all to the potatoes, as the store-bought ceasar dressing and bacon (even though I bought low-sodium bacon) have more than enough and the salad ends up way too salty if you add even a bit of salt to the recipe.
24 small new potatoes, red or white
2 tbsp. olive oil
salt and freshly ground pepper
8 oz. cooked bacon, cut into pieces
2 green onions, thinly sliced
1/2 C ceasar salad dressing (I use Renée's light)
shaved fresh Parmesan cheese
1. Place potatoes with skins on in a saucepan. Cover with cold water. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes. Drain well.
2. Cut potatoes in half. Place in a bowl. Add olive oil and salt and pepper. Toss to coat. Place in a grill basket and grill over medium heat 15-20 minutes or until lightly browned, turning occasionally. Alternatively, you can cook them in the oven at 450 degrees Farenheit for 35 minutes, turning once halfway through.
3. Meanwhile, in a skillet, cook bacon until crisp. Drain on paper towels and tear into pieces.
4. Place potatoes in a bowl. Add bacon, onions and ceasar dressing. Toss to coat. Add additional salt and pepper to taste.
5. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.