Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Liebster Award



I'm a little bit tardy in following up on this.  As in several weeks tardy.  But a big thanks nonetheless to Lyndsay from Who wants to be Martha when you can be ME? who nominated me for a Liebster award.  Lyndsay has a mostly crochet blog.  Absolutely fantastic, trendy, beautiful crochet.  Makes ya wish you could crochet yourself kinda crochet.  

In fact, reading Lyndsay's blog inspired me to take up crocheting myself.  Until the Women's Centre offered knitting last session.  So I just took that up instead.  Guess I'm a little fickle.  Meh!  I just figured it'd be easier than self-teaching crochet with screaming kids at my feet.  But the minute the WIWC offers crochet again (hopefully in September!!) I'll be there with bells on, inspired by all of Lyndsay's projects I have pinned, in hopes of one day being able to make them.  

If you happen to be as inspired by Lyndsay's projects as I am, and are also unable to reproduce them yourself, you can check out her Etsy store here.  Great prices for bee-oo-ti-ful stuff.

The deal with the Liebster award is that I can now nominate up to five other blogs.  So here we go:

1.  First of all, I want to second Lyndsay's nomination of my sister, Ashley, who started a blog this past year.  Her blog, Sewrite, originated as a sewing tutorial blog from a newbie sewer's point of view.  It has turned into a combination of sewing and other crafting, such as knitting and crocheting, as well as a recounting of her daughter Maddy's journey through sensory processing disorder. 

2.  My friend Val has recently started a DIY home reno blog, Zen Shmen.  I am constantly amazed by how she can turn the ugliest of ugly into the most funky, amazing pieces.  And by how she can even see the potential in some of the things she finds.  And really, by how she can find the time to do this with an adorable little one underfoot!!  Anyone interested in home renos and DIY refurbishing should definitely check this out.

3.  Donna over at BookBound writes a book review blog.  Now, I must admit that I haven't been reading much these days, other than books on sensory processing disorder.  But I love checking this out from time to time to whet my reading appetite, as there are a variety of books to pick from, if you're looking for a good new read.

4.  Lee-Ann's Crazy Life chronicles her life as a mom of three little ones.  Her kids are absolutely adorable and she also frequently does give aways of all sorts of fun stuff.  And with 191 followers, she just meets the "no more than 200 followers" critera for this award.

As with Lyndsay, I am stopping at four blogs, as I also tend to follow mostly blogs with more than 200 followers. 

About the Liebster scoop
The Liebster is an award presented to bloggers with fewer than 200 followers. It’s about spreading some love to the little guys in blogland. The name means 'the dearest' in German. The rules are quite simple:
1. Thank your Liebster Blog Award presenter on your blog.
2. Link back to the blogger who presented the award to you.
3. Copy and paste the blog award on your blog.
4. Present the Liebster Blog Award to 5 blogs of 200 followers or fewer who you feel deserve to be noticed.
5. Let them know they have been chosen by leaving a comment at their blog.

No comments: