This is one of those recipes that you can whip up in mere minutes when you have a spur of the moment get-together. Plus, it's incredibly delicious. I mean, who can say no to melted brie??
Brandi has made this delicious appetizer for us a few times when we've been over. I made it earlier this summer when guests were over. In fact, I had bought some more brie to make another one, just before going dairy-free. Said brie happens to still be sitting in my fridge, all lonely, with no other dairy products to keep it company.
Here's what you need:
1 package Pillsbury crescent rolls
1 piece of brie cheese (I used a 300g round from Costco)
4-5 Granny Smith apples, cut into wedges
1. Unroll the crescent rolls onto a baking sheet covered with parchment paper.
2. Place the brie on the dough.
Seem simple enough yet?
3. Wrap the dough around the brie, making more effort than I did to make it look beautiful ;)
4. Bake in a 350 degree Farenheit oven for approximately 30 minutes, or until pastry is browned.
5. In the meantime, slice your green apples into wedges, sprinkling with a bit of lemon juice if you are not going to serve them immediately (to prevent browning).
6. Serve hot, immediately after taking out of oven. Serve a slice of the dough-wrapped brie on top of a piece of apple.
Difficulty level: easy