Sunday, April 22, 2012

Mmmm Trifle

I wanted to share some delicious variations to my usual trifle recipes that we've made for everyone over here in France.

In fact, today is Ilian's birthday party.  His 4th birthday was on Friday.




Showing off his new bike

Sporting his new Spiderman mask

And today we prepared both a regular and a chocolate trifle for his birthday.

We used my mom's trifle recipe for the regular trifle, but substituted a homemade crème pâtissière for the vanilla pudding. And we just left out the jello, since they don't have any in France.  And used a homemade quatre quarts recipe instead of the pound cake.  I will post this when I get home.

Then for the chocolate version, we just followed my regular chocolate trifle recipe, but instead of the chocolate pudding, made another crème pâtissière and added 100g of dark chocolate that we had melted with a bit of milk.

Can't wait to try them!! 

Difficulty level: moderate

No comments: