Saturday, April 21, 2012

Oh My French Goodness!!

We had a wonderful day full of deliciousness today here in Paris.  It is 9:30 pm here as I type this and I am still full from lunch.  In fact, now that we're back at Karim and Assia's, everyone else is at the dinner table while I type this.  

Jérôme's mom's cousin invited us over for lunch today.  And he's a fantastic cook!

We started the day with a train ride out to their house.  Which Logan adored, even though it doesn't seem so in the photo.


Our meal started with a delicious salad that was so good I didn't even get a picture of it before it disappeared.

Then came the beef bourguignon.


And then a pâté aux pommes de terre (potato/cream pie). My absolute favourite, and Joel does this particularly well.




And, of course, a cheese platter.


It goes without saying that none of this would have been complete without some (aka lots of) good wine.


And delicious champagne.

Ma copine de trottoir.  Don't ask, but vodka was involved.
An awful lot of vodka. On her wedding day...
Even Chloé joined in.  I mean, she is half French, after all.


And then we most certainly had to have dessert. I mean, you can't end such a wonderful meal without having some homemade apple pie.


Wow... I feel sick just reading how much we ate this afternoon!!!!!  And yes, it was all only for lunch!

In any case, we all had a blast.


Waiting for our bus back home

1 comment:

Kris said...

Logan looks like such a little man in that vest! The pic of Chloe with the wine glass looks like Logan too! Looks like you're having a blast.